Sunday, May 01, 2011

The Japanese Meal on UA 804

The Japanese Meal on United

I usually try to avoid the Japanese meal on United, but I ended up getting it today as it was the healthiest thing on the menu. Fortunately it was a lot better than I remembered, as they finally dropped that smoked salmon nigiri from last time, and the soba was firmer than I was expecting. I didn't really care for the vegetable maki nor the hot salmon main course, but at least I remembered to save the tsukemono for later this time.

Note to self: next time you are headed to Dulles, try to avoid UA 804 until United finishes upgrading its 777's. I knew I'd be getting the old business class seats on the way up to Narita, but was hoping that at least the long haul to the US would be using an upgraded plane. Instead, it was the old seats without normal power outlets and those small screens that you could not pause. And there was barely any connection time in Narita either, which meant no shower (nor are there any showers in the Dulles RCC).

No comments: