Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Chinese Corner at No Menu Bar in Singapore



Whoa - that was surprisingly good. I've never been a huge fan of this lukewarm "economic rice" stuff that is commonly available around here. But the ingredients that they used at the No Menu Bar (7 Boon Tat Street, 6224-0091) were much better than I thought they would be, including savory clams, plump eggplant, and a healthy dose of Sichuan peppercorns in the string beans.

And yeah, this was that Chinese lunchtime extension from the family behind the No Menu restaurant, an Italian place that admittedly I wasn't that impressed with. But I really liked Amarone and Ola (when they were still under their group at least), and I'm sure that I'll be back here; if not for the cai fan, then maybe for the cheap Italian food that they were serving as well.

No comments: