Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Ristorante Amarone at Capital Tower, Singapore

Spaghetti ai Ricci di Mare

I came here once when it was under its previous owner and I liked it a lot. It wasn't cheap, but I liked the quality of the food, including their homemade pasta. And it was on that basis that this place came up as an option for a team lunch today (168 Robinson Road #01-08, 6423-0464).

But when I got my pasta today, I was a bit let down. Sure, the sauce was rich, but the sea urchin was buried underneath that zucchini and in the end was uninspiring. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the ownership change or not, but admittedly I'm not too inspired to go back.

1 comment:

wtan said...

Hi,

Thanks for your candid comments. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the food quality at Amarone was uninspiring and "a let down".

To be perfectly honest, I am not the least surprised to receive such a review as it was during that particular week that we had some serious staffing issues in the kitchen (given the recent changes in manpower policies on foreign labour). We have done our best to resolve the issues and am happy to report that we now have a happy crew to serve out the best - come check us out again. You can read the latest reviews on Tripadvisor and HGW to believe.

We are hell bent on doing everything possible to raise standards on all fronts. We hope that your next visit will be a totally different experience.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback. It is only through folks like yourself that help us continue to improve.

Look forward to having you back again!

Wilson Tan
on behalf of management of
Ristorante Amarone