Wednesday, July 03, 2013

New Bowls from Ramen Champion at Bugis+

Nikumashi Ramen

These guys are doing the chef rotation again. Bario, Ikkousha, and Gantetsu are still around, but Iroha, Aoyama, and Taishoken have been replaced with Muso, Buta Godo, and Menban Yamagishi Kazuo. I've already tried Muso over at Paragon, so I went for Buta Godo first today, and this is what I got. I'm always a sucker for thinly sliced meat, but the broth was rather sweet, making this a bit sukiyaki-like. I didn't like it enough to finish the broth...

Ajitama Ramen

...although that might have been because I was also saving stomach space for my second bowl from Menban Yamagishi Kazuo. The funny thing is that they had this guy's picture plastered all over the place, and he looked really familiar. It dawned on me a few seconds later that this was the Taishoken guy, and in fact was occupying the same stall as before! Hmph - I felt so cheated! And the bowl was a total bore too; I was practically force feeding myself in the end, hoping that I might eventually like it. I didn't. Can they bring back Tetsu puleeeeeeze??

No comments: