Sunday, January 06, 2013

Chicken Phở from NamNam Noodle Bar

Phở Gà

Here was the phở gà from NamNam Noodle Bar, which they didn't start serving until 10 AM today. It was better than I was expecting, in part because I've never been a big fan of chicken phở in the first place, but also in part because I wasn't that impressed with the beef phở from these guys last time. It was only today that I realized that is because their phở is Hanoi style. I definitely prefer the southern rendition instead.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

(American here.) Interesting that pho joints use that Maggi seasoning sauce at tables halfway round the world. I just discovered the same and use it in the places of soy sauce in a lot of my cooking now. It seems to me like a soy-like sauce with less soy flavor and more umami taste.