Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sapporo's Kura Ramen in Singapore

White Miso Ramen

Of all of the ramen shops that have been popping up in Singapore over the past few years, this is probably one of the few that I hadn't tried (68 Orchard Road #04-01, 6333-9280). It was intentional; the miso-based menu simply didn't look very interesting to me. But we were at Plaza Singapura tonight and needed some dinner, so we ended up stopping here.

I didn't like it, mainly because the noodles were overcooked. Actually, it wasn't just the noodles; the rice in the chahan was mushy too, while the gyoza were frail and limp. Fortunately, that brown stuff in the middle wasn't pre-minced garlic from a jar, but rather tenkasu. And I liked the thin slices of pork from a separate bowl of buta shabu ramen. The white miso broth above was much better than I thought it would be, but alas, it wasn't so good that I finished the bowl to the end.

Separately, it looks like this Tokyo Walker place has done some shifting around. Ajino Champon is gone. In its place is Kazokutei from the back. And in Kazokutei's old spot is an outlet of Botejyu. Kura, Ajisen, and that Fruit Paradise place are still in their old spots. Well, I normally don't come that often to Plaza Singapura anyway.

No comments: