Saturday, March 06, 2010

My First Bowl of Chicken Phở Gà

Phở gà

Getting a garden burger isn't quite the same thing as getting one with a nice bloody patty. By that line of thought, I always avoided chicken phở since it seemed almost sacrilegious to get anything but a beef broth. But I didn't feel like eating beef tonight for some reason, so I figured that I'd finally give the chicken version a try after all of these years.

It turned out to be a lot saltier than I was expecting. I don't know if that was because it was Pho Hoa Singapore's rendition, but I was hoping for something with more chicken taste...perhaps even like a Jewish version. This one was just so reliant on the salt that I ended up trying to avoid the broth, which defeated the purpose of getting phở in the first place.

No comments: