Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dumplings from Xiao Ping in Geylang

Chinese dumplings

Here's just a quick shot of the dumplings from the Whispering Man's new spot in Geylang. I'm really getting quite hooked on this guy's stuff. I wouldn't have thought so, given the mixed feelings that I had when I tried both his old shop for the first time and his new shop for the first time. But having eaten here three times in the past six days, I think it's safe to say that it has grown on me very quickly. He just keeps it simple and knows how to select the right ingredients and seasonings to bring a smile to my face.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos on a such a great blog! In my travelling days, Singapore was one of my favorite destinations. I remember being alot like you, where I would rather eat at the Hawker centres, than the fancy restaurants. Why go anywhere else?! Thanks again and keep up the good work. (Go eat some satay and mi goreng for me!)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Great Blog. I was wondering if you could do a review on some Beef Jerky places or any preserved meat places. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I remember buying bak kwa at Bee Cheng Hiang in Chinatown! Good Stuff.

vonvonx said...

i love ur blog. it's like a magazine, and your food picts r getting better and better!!! have been a loyal fan of your blog. cheers.

Abby said...

hi. via bj's site, ive skimmed over your blog but havent had a chance to look at past posts. do you have anything on munich, germany? btw, your pics are amazing!

dilutedmagnetics said...

What kind of camera do you use? The pictures look to good to be from a cameraphone. Pray tell...

Anonymous said...

I have to say I do miss the old shop - which serve steam boat. The dumplings don't seen as great as compared to his previous shop, not enough moist.

bma said...

It's a Nokia N95. I made a reference to it here.

dilutedmagnetics said...

Thanks! I'm sooooo getting a new phone. The camera in my N91 is absolutely crap.

Anonymous said...

Hi BMA

Great blog you have here. I've just returned from Singaproe and I must say it's a foodie's paradise.

Have you checked out Cappadocia at Robertson Quay? I had lunch there yesterday. It was fabulous. Try the kebab, falafil, moussaka and lamb roast. Wash it down with some strong Turkish coffee (boy, was it strong!).

Or maybe you should just eat whatever you fancy and blog about it.

Adios

Cram