Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cedele by Bakery Depot

Pastrami on Sourdough

I had been to this place a long time ago, and thought that the Temasek Tower location was the only one, but it looks like they are all over the major outlets on the island. Anyway, this is one of the few sandwich shops in Singapore, as locals don't seem to be a big fan of sandwiches. But of course in the US, sandwiches are standard fare (this place was filled with expats).

I hadn't had a sandwich in a while, so I made my way down here today. And it turned out to be a very pleasant meal. I grabbed a simple pastrami sandwich on sourdough, and it was fresh with just the right amount of mayo and mustard (even though they didn't seem to ask me how I wanted my sandwich - they toasted it automatically too, which is pretty common around here). My only gripe was that there still just wasn't enough meat inside - they made it look deceptively big by shoving big pieces of lettuce in there. I'm not necessarily expecting to get a huge thing like delis in New York, but give me a little more than just a few slices! Well, they still did it well enough that I'll be coming back here more often. Maybe I'll ask for an extra helping of meat next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U should try Kaffe Cremma at International Plaza 1st floor - their sandwiches are fantastic..