Monday, June 20, 2005

Mr. Pickles Sandwich Shop, San Mateo, CA

IMAGE_023

I knew I'd been in Asia too long once I stepped into this little sandwich shack and smelled all sorts of scents that I hadn't experienced in such a long time. This little shop near the office had of course not only the usual sandwich selections, but also a bunch of specialites named after local high schools. I had the Hillsdale Knight, which featured sliced hot links, BBQ sauce, and cheddar cheese. Although I was a bit disappointed that the hot links weren't spicy Lousiana sausages with a thick casing, it was still pretty good given all the BBQ sauce and sharp cheese. Add a root beer and think crunchy "dirty" chips from Louisiana, and you're set to go.

And here was another sign that I'd been in Asia too long - I felt that these American portions were huge!

No comments: