Saturday, October 03, 2026

Food from the Bahrain Grand Prix in Malaysia

Tikka Lumee Beef Wrap

It's so cool that the organizers of the F1 race in Sepang this year brought a cultural exchange along, including some local Bahraini vendors and food! One of them was a chain called Lumee, which was doing these wraps featuring their signature beef. It was smoky from the grilling but also acidic from a dark lime marinade, and there was even a bit of tahini in it, if I tasted it correctly. It was surprisingly tiny, but also delicious.

Chicken Schwarma

That's not to leave out Malaysian kebab shops though. This one called Azry is a chain that originated from Melaka. I grabbed one of their chicken shawarmas, which to my surprise was loaded with a mildly sweet and spicy curry-like sauce...or I guess it was local chili sauce and mayonnaise, kinda like a Ramly Burger? As much as I preferred the Bahraini one above, I still consumed this quickly.

Not Birria Lamb Tacos

And then there was a Malaysian taco stall, although this one was from Penang. The use of flour tortillas normally would have been a turnoff, but I didn't mind it that much this time, perhaps because there was just so much cheese loaded into these things. They called these "not birria" lamb tacos above, although what really hooked me was their prawn tacos, which were rich and tangy.

No comments: