
The JFH folks have opened up this grilled fish place on the former grounds of Ajisen at Tiong Bahru Plaza (302 Tiong Bahru Road #02-133), with that Steak 99 place just further down the hallway. The menu looked appealing at first, considering all the different kinds of fish that they offered, including halibut, cod, and yellowtail. And it was affordable, with my halibut at under S$10 ($7.80) inclusive of free rice refills.
It was a little sad though when it came out; not just with the frail piece of fish, but also a rather lousy miso soup. I guess I was naive in thinking that I could get something like Nakajima Suisan, Shinpachi Shokudo, or even Grilled Fish Keisuke at a cheaper price, but you get what you pay for. I guess it's like going to Saizeriya; it's edible, but you do have to manage your expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment