Friday, September 25, 2026

The Pan-Seared Seabass from rumeL

Pan-seared Sea Bass

I tried the seabass from rumeL today, and I realized that I appreciate it in the same way that I do Saizeriya's pepper chicken: despite how unglamorous it may be (and even downright odd with alfalfa for garnish), it's ultimately a nicely grilled piece of protein that's moist yet crisp, tasty yet healthy, and all at a very affordable price of just S$13.80 (US$10.80). It even came with a bit of kale on the side, which gets a thumbs up from me.

That said, it took a very painful 20 minutes to come out of the kitchen, during off-peak hours at that. So if I am patient enough to get this again, then I'll need to occupy myself with a small margherita pizza first while waiting for the fish. Their chewy dough fortunately hasn't changed despite what otherwise has been a mostly disappointing format change.

No comments: