Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Sushi to Sumi at PLUS on Cecil Street

Sushi

This place got some attention for being a standing sushi bar in the middle of the central business district (20 Cecil Street #02-01, 9646-7010), doing 8-piece lunch omakase for just S$30 (US$23). That is, until they raised the price recently to S$38 (US$29). Anyway, I was curious and was able to walk in today so I gave it a shot.

The quality of the fish was good, and the sushi chefs were friendly and engaging. They had a tendency to season a little heavier than I'd like (in particular, the vinegar in the rice could have been taken down by half a notch), but that's just nitpicking as it generally didn't overwhelm the ingredients either.

Indeed, one of my favorite pieces was one that was seared with charcoal behind the grill for a nice smoky aroma, while the small savory cup of soup at the end was a nice closer too. The price was high enough that I won't go back regularly though.

No comments: