Monday, March 18, 2024

Sushi Nakamura in Roppongi, Tokyo

Sushi

I didn't realize this until I looked it up just now, but there seem to be many sushi places in Tokyo called Nakamura, and I assume that they are all unrelated to each other. To be clear, this is the edomae shop in Roppongi (7 Chome-17-16 Roppongi, 03-3746-0856), and Nakamura-san himself was serving us tonight. Some of my favorites included a roasted blackperch and braised monkfish liver, not to mention an otoro maki. What also made pieces like the one above stand out was the way that the soy sauce and vinegar were blended to be edgy, but only borderline excessive. Either way, he fed us a very generous amount of very high quality food. It wasn't cheap, but there was also such high value that I was surprised that our bill wasn't higher.

No comments: