Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Keisuke Plus at Funan in Singapore

Hiroshima Oyster Broth Ramen

I didn’t even realize this until I walked by today, but Keisuke opened up a place in the back of Funan late last year (107 North Bridge Road #01-15, 6320-3456). Its modern decor and nihonshu fridge seemed more fitting for an upscale place on Orchard Road, but I assume that he had IPPUDO in his crosshairs...and maybe Hototogisu, given that the menu featured this oyster broth bowl.

It's too bad then that it wasn’t as polished, as this was much more in-your-face with a big meaty oyster compared to Hototogisu's more subtle oyster paste. I am kinda curious to see how his wagyu bowl fares, as I suspect that it will be better than Mashi No Mashi. But it's a whopping S$29 (US$21), so I'll have to save up for that. The fact that one can load up on his signature bean sprouts and eggs won't be any consolation.

No comments: