Monday, May 27, 2024

Hello Banh Mi at Maxwell Food Centre

Bánh Mì Chả Lụa

There are a couple of bánh mì shops at Maxwell Food Centre, and this one is the one facing the street (1 Kadayanallur Street #01-98, 9235-2618). The bread wasn't as airy as the now defunct Viet9, but I've gotta admit that she seasoned this in such a savory manner that I really wanted to go back for another one. I just have to remember to ask her to hold the chili sauce and use fresh chilis instead.

Epilogue: I tried the other shop, Baguette Huong Viet at stall #01-42 the next day. It was cheaper and the bread was better, but the garnish and seasoning fell short. I'll stick to Hello Banh Mi.

2 comments:

I Love Teh Tarik! said...

have you tried the bahn mi express @ tanjong pagar? If yes, do you prefer Express or Hello?

bma said...

You mean these guys? Yeah, I like them enough that I might lean in their favor, buy it's been a while since I've been back so I think a shootout is in order.