Thursday, May 23, 2024

Fung Shing in North Point, Hong Kong

Daliang-style scrambled egg white with milk

Here’s an old school Bib Gourmand in North Point that I went to out of sheer convenience between meetings tonight (62 Java Road, 2578-4898). The food is from southern China, particuarly Shun Tak or Shunde cuisine, which I know nothing about. So I went for the dishes that Michelin recommended, particularly that sauteed milk dish above. I think they stir-fried milk with egg white to make it fluffy and rich, which was kinda neat. I got even more excited about their famous crispy chicken. On the surface, it looked like any other chicken that one gets around here, but it was incredibly moist and tasty, with crispy skin to boot. Yes, this place was good. Apparently they do dim sum in the mornings too.

1 comment:

Makanmata said...

I had read that this place was closed by the City. Glad to hear it's still around.