Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Meat Dishes Yakisuki Yanma at Narita Airport Terminal 1

Gyutan Set

I haven't been to the landside part of Narita Terminal 1 in ages, but this shop caught my eye, not only for all of the meat available, but also the tofu from a Tokyo shop called Tougenkyo, the latter of which was nice and creamy. If you look closely in the upper right hand corner of the photo above, there are some brown oval-shaped thing that I also got precisely because those teppozuke pickles were unique to Narita (i.e., I'd never been to the actual town of Narita despite passing through the airport so much). That gyutan above was fine too, but in retrospect I should have ordered their namesake "yakisuki," which is a mashup of yakiniku and sukiyaki where the beef and sauce are placed on a flat rectangular platter. Maybe next time.

No comments: