Saturday, March 16, 2024

Bird Land in Tokyo, Japan

Chicken Teriyaki

I had some pretty high hopes for this kushiyaki place given everything that I'd seen on TV, not to mention its Michelin listing. So I was pretty excited to find that I could get still get seats at the last minute on a Saturday night, even if it was for their Toranomon Hills extension rather than the original out in Ginza (Toranomon 1 Chome−17−1, 03-5860-9804).

The good thing is is that the ingredients were of very high quality and were nicely seasoned, as seen in that firm yet mild chicken teriyaki above, not to mention a delightful chunk of tofu drizzled with olive oil. Other highlights included a grilled cabbage dressed in a buttery savory mixture. Yes, I liked it, but our ¥5000 set (US$33) lacked so much heft that we were still hungry when we left, which was a bit of a buzzkill.

No comments: