Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Trying Omoté's Chirashi Don

Umami Soy Chirashi Set

I had hesitations about this chain given how commercialized it was. Still, it made for a convenient lunch today, so I figured that I'd grab their "second generation all time favorite" above to see what the fuss was about.

The good thing is that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; in fact, I tried to find something to complain about, but struggled to. For instance, that chirashi don above was marinated, but it wasn't annoyingly so. The bill added up quickly here, and yet they were pretty generous with the portions (and with decent quality too), so much that I honestly had to force the last few bites down so as not to let it go to waste.

I guess this place reminds me of Sushi Tei, another commercialized chain that probably does well for being a "safe" place to go to. I'll choose elsewhere if I have a choice, but at least the food was edible enough.

No comments: