Friday, December 08, 2023

Sights from Myeongdong Night Market in Seoul

Tteokbokki

I don't think I've ever been to a night market in Korea despite coming here so many times over the years, perhaps because I'm usually here for work. Well, tonight there were a ton of stalls on the streets of Myeongdong, which suited me just fine since I only had stomach space for some small snacks.

Park Hyo Shin Dak-kkochi

Lots of things were being sold on skewers, which makes me wonder how many times people have been accidentally poked by one in such crowded foot traffic. I grabbed some dak-kkochi chicken because of a "spicy bomb flavor" option. To no surprise, it was a bit sweet, but there was some heat toward the end too.

Eomuk

I also grabbed some of these eomuk fishcakes on a stick, mainly because they were cheap. They admittedly weren't anything too exciting, but the spicy cup of broth that he gave me was much more interesting given how potent it was.

No comments: