Monday, November 27, 2023

The Great Indian Food Festival 2023 in Singapore

Stuffed Bitter Gourd

I randomly spotted an outdoor food festival from the top of the bus while heading down Serangoon Road and decided to stop to take a look (27 Birch Road). There were a number of local vendors there, including Jaggi's, Fifth Season, Gayatri, Madras New Woodlands, Muthu's Curry, and Casuarina Curry, but I zoomed in on these stuffed bittergourd, especially since the Riverwalk Tandoor folks assured me that they are not serving these at their restaurant down the street. Yep, they were tender enough to be cut with the supplied plastic spoon, and the onion-centric stuffing inside was spicy enough. They were cash only though, and it's too bad that there weren't many overseas vendors there.

2 comments:

Sohcool said...

Shouldn't it be 2023 on your title?
I saw it while travelling but didn't alight.
Your stuffed bittergourd makes me want to go try before the 10th Dec.
Thanks.

bma said...

Doh! What a massive oversight on my behalf. Thanks for point it out; I've corrected it.