Friday, July 28, 2023

The Spicy Cold Squid from Tai Er

Xianxian Lala You

Yay, Tai Er has finally expanded into the city with a couple of outlets, thus making it much more accessible to me; I was able to walk in for lunch today with ease. I was definitely tempted to get the usual suancaiyu but figured I'd try some of their other items instead, like that cold squid above.

It looked better than it tasted though, as the sauce was loaded with so much wasabi that it was almost inedible. Likewise, the dandanmian looked pretty with all of its colors, but the noodles were disappointingly soft.

They also had a Sichuan pepper milk tea, which was laced with a very mild hint of huajiao, and also featured some non-tapioca pearls that I've never encountered before. They were almost like green peas with a thick skin and mushy starchy interior. I'll stick to their mugs of fancy hot tea next time.

No comments: