Tuesday, June 20, 2023

119 Fish Soup from Aljunied in Singapore

Fish Porridge

I don't know the background of this stall, but they have a bunch of signs at the Peck Hoon Teng kopitiam saying "We're back!" (219 River Valley Road). I guess the name stems from their original Aljunied location. Anyway, the price was surprisingly high, with small bowls starting at S$6.50 (US$4.85). But after one bite, I realized why: the fish was impressively fresh, and the broth was savory and clean. The garnish wasn't as fun as my old fave Hock Heng, but I'll go back, perhaps even opting for the pricier large portion.

3 comments:

I Love Teh Tarik! said...

have you tried the first street's fish soup before? thats my favourite..

bma said...

Yes, in fact the freshness of the fish reminded me of them too.

J. S. Vila said...

Este plato de pescado tiene un aspecto delicioso y la comida de Singapur es famosa por el tacto delicado al paladar que tiene.
Creo que me comerĂ­a uno o dos platos porque tiene un aspecto exquisito.