Saturday, February 25, 2023

Cerveseria Ciutat Comtal in Barcelona

Broqueta de llagostins planxa

There seem to be multiple ways to spell this rather popular place: Comtal, Comptal, and Condal. Either way, the line to get in was surprisingly short this afternoon, so I took advantage of it to give it a try even though I wasn't hungry (18 Rambla de Catalunya, 933-18-1997). They were supposed to be famous for those prawn skewers above, but they weren't as fresh nor exciting as I thought they would be, making me worry that I had stepped into an overrated tourist trap. They had calçots available too, but the romesco sauce was a bit of a bore. The only thing I did like was the crispy fried artichokes as well as the fast moving bar scene. But I think the only reason why I'd come back is because they are one of the few places that stays open after 4 PM around here.

No comments: