Thursday, July 07, 2022

True Cost from Russia in Singapore

Yellowtail Crudo and Heh Style Scallop

There's a bit to unpack here. First off, I didn't realize that this place at Suntec City's Sky Garden was a chain from Russia until after I sat down and looked it up (3 Temasek Boulevard #03-302, 8894-0615). But they don't really serve Russian food either, outside of a few items like caviar.

Basically, it was like the utilitarian name suggests: they are serving food sold at "true cost," with the menu even suggesting the higher prices that other restaurants would charge. The catch is that you have to pay a cover charge when you enter, like at a club.

Yes, it was bit of a gimmick, and in that sense, I wasn't surprised that the food itself (like that Nobu-inspired hamachi above) wasn't anything special. Still, I'll admit that I was fascinated enough with the novelty of it all that I ordered quite a bit. My total bill ultimately added up, and I was amused by it all either way.

No comments: