Thursday, July 28, 2022

May Pho Culture at the Fook Hai Building in Chinatown

Phở

I tried going to these guys a few weeks ago but they were closed for several days (150 South Bridge Road #01-16, 9646-2589). They're finally open again now though, and I was delighted when they delivered my food, mainly because of that gigantic pile of fresh green herbs, like what one would get in Saigon. It included not just basil and sawtooth herbs, but also some kind of small leaf that tasted like pepper and cumin. Plus, they had things like picked garlic and their own lemongrass chili oil at your disposal. Now, I admittedly wasn't a huge fan of the noodles, and neither the beef nor the broth got me very excited either. But I'm definitely coming back for those glorious herbs. It just puts places like So Pho and Pho Stop to shame.

No comments: