Tuesday, July 12, 2022

BU by Shen Xi’s Fish Maw Pig Stomach Chicken Soup

Fish Maw Pig Stomach Chicken Soup

This wasn't much more than your everyday Cantonese soup stall with huge vats boiling away, but I'll admit that I got drawn to this chain by its marketing: they have these big posters of a man in chef's whites looking as if he were Paul Bocuse. The signature item that he was hawking was this fish maw pig stomach soup, and I liked it, with its peppery yet rich-like-tonkotsu broth. Many times the meat in such soups can be tough and tasteless, being used more for flavoring the broth than for consuming directly. But there were some pretty tender pieces in this bowl. I left satisfied, despite the fact that the rice from this Koufu food court was horribly mushy and clumped together. I may very well return.

No comments: