Thursday, April 21, 2022

Hambaobao at the Trio Building in Singapore

What the Fish!

When I first heard of this local burger shop last year, it didn't interest me enough to go down there (11 Sam Leong Road #03-08, 9475-1457). But recently I saw another photo of this place that halted me in my tracks: was that a board showing all of the craft beers on tap, including multiple sours?? OMG, I AM SOOO THERE!

Yep, I went there for the beer, one of which turned out to be one of my all-time faves, even if it was outrageously expensive. The (much cheaper) food was decently good too, particularly that tender fish burger above. The fries were better than average, even if they could've used a thicker potato-ey cut.

To be sure, some of the burgers felt a bit forced, particularly the crispy pork belly and ayam buah keluak, both of which were decent on their own but unnecessarily shoved inside a bun. Still, I am delighted to see so many places pairing fun local food with an array of draft beers, including sours.

No comments: