Friday, October 29, 2021

The Vegetable Tempura Set at Tempura Makino

Vegetable Tempura Set

So it turns out that Makino *does* provide an array of salt with its lunch sets, but it only comes with the vegetable tempura set. That suited me just fine though, as it not only provided a much-needed allowance of dietary fiber, but also since it was the cheapest set, thus giving me some extra budget to order protein a la carte. I thus grabbed some squid and fish, which were fried to order instead of being aggregated on the tray. Yay, I'm coming back for these.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Oh this place looks great. The batter looks very light too. Will give this a try when I (hopefully) get to fly over next week. Fingers crossed.

On a separate note, I have been following your blog since 2008 as I have been a regular visitor to SG pretty much since I was a kid.

I am amazed at your ability to consistently uncover gems and how comprehensive your coverage of the SG (plus other places thrown in for good measure!) food scene has been in all these years.

Keep up the great work!!