Monday, September 06, 2021

Chuanr from Little Sheep Hot Pot in Singapore

Chuanr

I never bothered going to Little Sheep (i.e., Xiaofeiyang, not to be confused with Little Lamb, a.k.a. Xiaoweiyang) when it opened here a few years ago since I had already been to one in the US. Then a few weeks ago I realized that they served chuanr after seeing them grilling away in the kitchen. Plus, they do single serving pots here, making it a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

So I stopped by on my way home from work today to pick up a couple of sticks, the mutton of which was more tender and tasty than I thought it would be. I didn't like the beef though, and the quality of the broth and sliced lamb couldn't compete with Happy Lamb (Kuaile Xiaoyang). So if I come back here, then maybe it will just be for that cheap beer and chuanr special that I saw.

No comments: