Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Phat Burger Bro. at Valley Point in Singapore

Single Phat Burger Meal

No, that's not a typo above. The name of this place really has a full stop at the end. And it's not to be confused with Fatburger from LA either; this is "Phat Burger Bro." I wasn't intending to get a burger for a second night in a row, but I was in the neighborhood and wanted to give it a try (491 River Valley Road #01-17, 9385-1935).

I was surprised by how much I liked it. Even before unwrapping the burger, one look at the fries was enough to get me excited. They were full of deep potatoey goodness, all while being slightly spongy. In that sense, they were a bit like In-N-Out meets Five Guys, which incidentally happen to be two of my favorite places for fries.

Oh, and yes, the burger was good too. The patty was almost excessively salty, in a good way, as it brought the focus toward the meat without a bunch of sauces distracting you. Likewise, that cole slaw was finely chopped without much of a sauce either, bringing the fiber and celery seeds to the foreground. This is my kind of place.

No comments: