Friday, April 02, 2021

Tai Ho Soon Putian Heng Hwa Cuisine

Fried Heng Hwa Bee Hoon

Here's yet another chain of Xing Hua stalls that seems to have propagated across the island. I didn't like these guys though, as that bee hoon above was tasteless; it's almost as if they forgot to season it or something. Sure, the garlickly chili sauce on the side gave it more punch, but I was expecting the dish to be savory like Xing Hua Village or Xing Hua Lou's renditions. The veggies in the back fared much better, but I still left unsatisfied.

1 comment:

bma said...


LOL I just realized that these guys took over a lot of the Xing Hua Lou food court stalls. I’m not sure if it was just a rebranding exercise or if it completely changed owners and/or chefs, but I’m assuming the latter given how different it tasted. Either that, or I just got a really bad rendition that day.