Sunday, March 07, 2021

Cacio e Pepe Italian Restaurant in Bukit Batok

Spaghetti Carbonara

This was a little neighborhood pizza and pasta shop (3 Chu Lin Road, 6760-3534). And when I say neighborhood, I really mean neighborhood: it was in the middle of a suburban area without any hint of retail presence until one turned the corner. But the quality was decent, the service was fast, and the prices weren't as outrageous as they could've been.

Surprisingly though, the menu lacked their namesake dish. The closest that I could find was that carbonara above, which they offered in a traditional non-cream option. I would've prefered the spaghetti to be even firmer, but it was good enough. We demolished the calamari here quickly, as well as the pizza, even if I would've preferred a chewy Neapolitan crust rather than the thin crispy one served here.

iO Italian Osteria is not that far away, but I'm happy to eat here again. Being such a cozy neighborhood place, the service was warm and fast. Plus, their dried chili flakes were nice and potent. If I heard them correctly, they said that they made them from local chili padi. Maybe that's the secret to why Al Borgo's was so spicy too?

No comments: