Sunday, January 24, 2021

Prawn Satay from Newton Food Centre Stall 22

Prawn Satay

For some reason, I was in the mood for grilled prawns and beer tonight. So I hopped over to Newton Food Centre where I spotted stall 22 advertising some decent-looking prawns. I wasn't really interested in the other protein, but they had sets that made it convenient to order, and I figured that I might as well try the others to see how they compared to my favorite R&B Express.

The good thing was that the prawns were better than I thought they would be, being fresh and firm. They were seasoned with what seemed like some kind of mass market cajin salt (there were definitely celery seeds in there), but I liked that it was kept that simple rather than being sweet like the chicken and mutton were. Indeed, the mutton was so sweet and dry that it was almost like jerky. I'm sticking to the prawns next time.

No comments: