Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Matasoh FIshball & Meatball Mincemeat Noodle

Huatiao Sesame Mee Sua Soup

There was a single word on the signboard at this Whampoa Makan Place stall (90 Whampoa Drive #01-54) that caught my eye: sesame. Yes, I love sesame seeds, and I was very curious to see how they featured it in this dish, especially since the picture didn't show anything obvious.

I figured that maybe it was in the soup: no, but it was crisp and savory at least. Maybe it was in the noodles? Not that I could taste. OK, maybe it was inside the meatballs? Nope, not there either. Weird! Where the heck was the sesame in this thing? The gooey onsen tamago was a pleasant surprise at least.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought the gooey egg goes better with dry noodles. Everything taste better when tossed in egg.