Saturday, January 16, 2021

LeNu’s Parasite Wagyu Beef with Soy Bean Paste Dry Noodle

LeNu’s Parasite Wagyu Beef with Soy Bean Paste Dry Noodle in Korean Style

The name of this dish sounded terrible until I realized that it was not a statement about LeNu's food hygiene standards, but about the movie Parasite instead. Yep, this was supposed to be ram-don, or jjapaguri, and hence I was kinda curious.

Now, I already know that it's not quite the same thing. They use wagyu here (origin not stated but presumably Australian) rather than Korean beef. They also use LeNu's standard la mian rather than the instant noodles that this is supposed to feature. Plus, it was oddly featured as part of a mala promotion, and that didn't seem to fit with the movie either.

Well, you can taste ground huajiao in there, but it's not very spicy. And perhaps to no surprise, it was slightly sweet. I ate it all, but I'm not going to order it from here again. I would like to try it in Korea eventually though, if we are ever able to travel again that is.

No comments: