Sunday, November 15, 2020

Kin Kao Young Thailand Food Street at 313@Somerset

Mario's Celebrity Pork Leg Rice and Tom Yum Pork Slice Soup

This big brightly-lit place has taken over the grounds of Chabuton and Saboten (313 Orchard Road #B2-01). The way that they position themselves, it makes you think that it's a big famous chain from Thailand. But from what I could figure out, it's not, even though they claim to be using an original recipe from a shop called Noklae Sukothai Noodles in Chiang Mai.

Anyway, that khao kha mu pork leg rice above is at the top of the menu, and the food turned out to be candy-like sweet, including that tom yum soup in the corner. Yet somehow I didn't mind it, and in fact found it hard to stop eating, perhaps because the pork was so fatty and tender. I'm kinda curious to see how some of the other items on the menu fare, even if I'm not going out of my way to come back.

No comments: