Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Wang Lu City Hot Pot Shabu Shabu in Singapore

Signature Wagyu Beef Set

Whenever I walked by this small chain of hot pot shops, I'd been curious, but also discouraged by the menu. See, it was a nicely decorated single-pot setup (an upscale version of Shi Li Fang, if you will), but also they lacked the things that I wanted, particularly sliced lamb, as well as a suancai broth. I was also a bit worried that the Sichuan broth that they offered would be watered down. Nonetheless, this place made for a suitable lunch venue today, so I sat down.

To my surprise, that Sichuan broth was more potent than I thought it would be. I was happy with the other items that they brought out too, including the sliced wagyu as well as that basket of veggies. (Are you wondering what the banchan-like array is in the background? Those were their seasonings that they had to individually portion out given that the bar was a no-no in the middle of the pandemic.) Next time I should get the yuan yang upgrade so that I can get a non-spicy broth to sip on too.

No comments: