Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sinn Ji Hainanese Chicken Rice at Novena Regency

Chicken Rice

Not to be confused with Sin Kee, this shop (275 Thomson Road #01-05, 6258-0855) shoves some kind of metal tube into their chickens while cooking them, as it lets the inside of the chicken cook more evenly and thus keep the breast meat moist. I'm not sure if that's what was used for my roasted selection above, but it definitely wasn't dry.

Actually, what impressed me more was the ginger sauce. Why? It was basically sitting in sesame oil. So even though the brown sauce on the chicken was a little sweet, I could cover it up with that fragrant ginger and sesame oil. Plus, the chili sauce was respectable, and the rice was firm and fluffy too. The ginger was the main selling point for me either way.

No comments: