Tuesday, May 12, 2020

WaWa Seafood at Stars of Kovan, Singapore

Clockwise from bottom: fresh lala tasty porridge, boiled lala with WaWa power chili sauce, crispy butter toast with garlic butter sauce

This one was gonna be hard for me to ignore: a shop that specializes in clams, and one whose physical shop is adorn with tanks of live Malaysian bivalves (998 Upper Serangoon Road #01-25, 9338-9435). Cool! I placed an order for several items, including their lala soup, porridge, and garlic butter sauce varieties. No, there wasn't a kam heong version.

The clams were definitely fresh, and were impressively grit-free too. I liked the soup version the best since it was the purest, even if it wasn't quite as savory as I was hoping for. The garlic butter sauce was goopier than I had thought it would be (and that little square of toast had sugar on it, to my surprise). If I order this again, then I'll just stick to the soup.

No comments: