Saturday, February 01, 2020

Hammee's at Commonwealth Crescent Market and Food Centre

Classic Beef Cheeseburger

I finally made it to Hammee's (31 Commonwealth Crescent #02-93, 9818-8014), a hawker stand known for doing good burgers but also with a very long wait. Indeed, one day last year I was told that it was at least an hour, so I walked away. Fortunately, there weren't too many people here late in the afternoon today, even if we still ended up waiting at least 15 minutes.

It was better than I thought it would be. It was not only very juicy, but more importantly, they dressed it to a minimum (in fact, I had to pay extra for the tomato, lettuce, and pickle above). The burger was really just carried by the caramelized onions and sauce. And I could taste the patty, even if the beef didn't have any aged aroma. I don't know if I'd wait 15 minutes for that again though.

No comments: