Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Karavalli in Bangalore, India

Counterclockwise from bottom: malabar paratha, chevod balchao, allapuzha meen curry

This South Indian place at the Gateway Hotel was recommended to me by several folks (66 Residency Road, 080666-04545). And since we had a break between meetings today here in Bangalore, I made it my lunch destination. I went for the items that my friends recommended, particularly the Goan lobster on the right, but also a Keralan fish curry above it. The former was sweeter than I prefer, but certainly still edible, while the latter was my preferred choice, as it was slightly sour and tangy. Still, my expectations were a bit too high going in. If I am ever to return, I need to remember to get a table indoors so as to avoid those mosquitoes.

No comments: