Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Swaadhisht Authentic Indian Cuisine, Singapore

Fish Set

This name of this place has been stuck in my mind for a while now (47 Chander Road, 6392-0513). I had first heard of it when a client mentioned it in passing. And somehow, the name just kinda got stuck in my head. Swaadhisht. Swaadhisht. I don't know what it is, but the word is simply kinda fun to say. Swaadhisht.

On a more serious note, these guys specialized in Keralan cuisine. I really don't know much about it, but I assumed that it was best to get some kind of seafood, and thus I got this fish curry set. Too bad that it was nothing like those fish kebabs from Gajalee yesterday though. Frankly, if no one had told me that this was Keralan cuisine, then I wouldn't have even known.

Fortunately, the curry itself was surprisingly spicy to help me wolf down all of that rice. Anyway, next time I should probably come here with someone who actually knows the cuisine. After looking it up online later, I think there was some kind of tapioca biryani that is supposed to be famous in Kerala?

No comments: