Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Yamaguchi Style Ramen from Humble Market Kitchin, Maui

Yamaguchi Style Ramen

I've tried quite a few things at Humble Market Kitchin already. And as much as I wanted his delicious misoyaki butterfish (and the Phoenix!) again, I figured that I'd try his ramen this time. It was pretty cheap compared to most of the other things on the menu.

It's too bad then that the broth was wayyyy overseasoned, with too many things going on in there. Worse, the noodles were overcooked to the point of being mushy. Ugh!

To be sure, I liked some of the individual components, like the punchy shellfish aroma that came from the dumplings, as well as the fatty pork belly. But oh man, I just couldn't steer clear of that excessively salty broth. I didn't bother to finish it.

No comments: