Thursday, November 07, 2019

Nanyang Chicken by Singapore's Nanyang Sauce

Signature Princess Chicken Noodles

I'm surprised that this place hasn't gotten more attention. It's from an old small-batch soy sauce brewer called Nanyang Sauce, who has since opened a small cafe (70 South Bridge Road, 6289-9288). It serves limited quantities of a soy sauce chicken that is delicate and tender. The noodles were nice and firm, and they even provided a side of soup with a pleasant sour plum tinge in it.

Yes, I liked it better than that Liao Fan Hawker Chan place, even if admittedly I haven't eaten that enough to make a proper comparison. More importantly though, these guys also sell their bottled products here; I tasted a bit of the dark soy sauce, which was wonderfully savory without being too sweet. They also have a salt that looks very promising, but it was so expensive that I didn't get to try it.

No comments: