Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Sonamuyaa in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul

Sirloin Korean BBQ Set

I was a bit worried at first that this place was catering to a lot of visitors from the many hotels nearby, especially with its English menu, single diner sets, and friendly proprietor (131-12 Cheongdam-dong, 02-541-1004). But even if it was, who cares?

It was good, not just because of the quality of the local Korean beef, but also the care that went into everything, like how she just delicately seared the beef without making it tough, as well as the wide variety of banchan including some punchy mustard greens. I was particularly impressed with a bowl of sliced raw onions that sat in a mild pickling brine accented with a wonderful dill (!) fragrance. Yep, dill weed and local Korean beef was just awesome.

When I first saw the menu earlier, I thought that this set at 42,000 Won (US$36) was rather expensive. But after having tasted it, I realize now that it's actually a fabulous deal considering what was delivered. I left with a smile on my face.

No comments: