Thursday, May 23, 2019

The Naked Finn's BurgerLabo at Gillman Barracks

Basic Burger

I used to be a huge fan of The Naked Finn, especially for its purist approach to grilled shellfish. So when I heard that they were doing burgers down at their original location, I had to come down and try their Basic Burger for myself (41 Malan Road, 6694-0940).

This is going to sound a bit harsh, but the very first thing that came to mind when I bit into this thing was...McDonald's. Yep, it was the small yet spongy bun in particular that triggered it, as well as the way it was seasoned, reminding me of how a Quarter Pounder tastes. Of course, this was more upscale with a thick wagyu blended patty and even bone marrow butter. But the patty was overcooked (for food safety reasons, says the menu) and ended up being a bit dry.

Let's be honest though: McDonald's tastes good, and so did this, which is why I cleared my entire plate with ease. I wouldn't pay S$23 (US$17) for it, but I'm willing to come back to try their Impossible Burger blend. I just need to be careful since they still have their fruit cocktails here, and those rack up the bill very quickly.

1 comment:

Mz.Lim said...

Try Hammee’s, hawker centre cheeseburger that rivals upscale burger options. 31 Commonwealth Crescent, #02-93, Commonwealth Crescent Market & Food Centre, Singapore 149644