Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Pasta Supremo at Suntec City, Singapore

Pasta

I've been on a small crusade to find affordable but quality pasta places in Singapore, and this new place (3 Temasek Boulevard #01-365, 6909-8138) seemed to fit the bill with its homemade pasta and configure-to-order approach. It looked playful too given its use of things like Sichuan peppers, burnt miso corn, chicken skin, and duck fat.

I really wanted to like it, but the taste just didn't come together for me, and that's after two attempts. The first time, my food was under-seasoned, and I figured that was because I chose the wrong things. So tonight I went for a pre-configured one, but it felt forced with its three different cuts of pork and sauce that didn't harmonize with it all. That's too bad; I was hoping that this would be like Ah Bong's, but it wasn't.

2 comments:

tery said...

As much as I get excited about food and anything new and interesting, I've come to accept that for some reason(s), Singapore in general or Singaporeans who start food places here don't seem to 'get flavours' or are we simply too used to bland flavours?

What you've pointed out: Flavours that are under-seasoned or those that don't harmonise well seem to indicate a lack of understanding of food and flavours and is somewhat common here.

What do you think? Im referring to mid-end western food establishments in Singapore.

-Tery-

bma said...

No, I think it was just this place. Ah Bong's was tasty enough that I kept going back a lot (too bad that they are gone now though).

That said, this place kinda reminded me of Platypus; maybe I just wasn't the right target audience.